Vacant Buildings

If you are a property owner and your building and property is vacant or abandoned, you are required to register by completing an application and submitting annual registration fees to the Department of Building Inspection pursuant to Ordinance 194-09. In addition, you need to maintain and secure your property, to prevent blight and public safety hazards in compliance with Chapter 80 of the San Francisco Administrative Code, the California Environmental Quality Act and all other applicable building, health, fire and safety codes.


Register your building Comply with NOV FAQ Resources

Register your building

How to Comply with a

Notice of Violation

Frequently Asked Questions Resources