49 South Van Ness Avenue,
2nd/ 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Permit Services is responsible for all steps of permit issuance, our services assure that proposed construction meets all safety requirements in a timely professional manner.
Permit services provides technical support for the Department in the areas of code development and information, as well coordinating the Building Occupancy Program.
In the case of a catastrophic event, this department will be responsible for DBI’s response. We serve as the Department's liaison with other City Departments, including the Department of Emergency Services (DES), and the Department of Public Works (DPW).
- Over-the-Counter Permit Services
- Who can obtain a building permit
- Permit Submissions Process
- Permit Pick-Up
- Payment Process
- View Organizational Chart (PDF)
- Apply for a Permit Online
- Apply for a Boiler Permit to Operate
- Track Permits and Complaints
- Find Current DBI Fees
- Find Owner-Builder Permit Requirements