Earthquake Safety Fair
We’re excited that you will be joining us today for our annual Earthquake Safety Fair at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium. We have over 80 exhibitors confirmed, ranging from government agencies, community partners, contractors, suppliers, engineers, architects, design professionals, financial institutions and real estate.
Take Our Survey
Please take a moment to provide your feedback for this year’s Earthquake Safety Fair!
We look forward to seeing you at the next DBI event!
Click image below to start the survey.
Here’s a listing of our offerings for today's events:
10:30am: Press Kick-Off - View Media Advisory
11am – 3pm: Experience a simulated 8.0 earthquake in the Quake Cottage
You will have the opportunity to try the Quake Cottage simulator parked in front of the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium, and experience first-hand what an 8.0 earthquake feels like.
11am – 4pm: Emergency Mini Training Sessions
DBI's community partners, Community Youth Center and the Self-Help for the Elderly will conduct emergency mini-training sessions every 20 minutes, with as-needed language services offered in Chinese, Spanish, and Tagalog. These mini-training sessions will provide each attendee hands-on experience on how to prepare themselves and family for an emergency. You will need to sign-in for each training session.
The mini-training sessions will cover the following topics:
- Earthquake Response
- Fire Safety
- Use of Fire Extinguishers
- Earthquake Mitigation Tips
- Compression-only CPR & Choking
- Controlling External Bleeding
11:30am – 4pm: Workshops
We are offering four informative workshops. Please arrive 15 minutes before workshop time to ensure a seat and sign-in.
- 11:30am: Home Remodeling Process Made Stress Free - Meet the Experts
- NEW: 12:30pm: Emergency Preparedness - Strategies for Your Family to Follow (sign-in at the registration table)
- 1:30pm: Making the Best use of the Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) & Unit Legalization Programs
- 2:30pm: Complying with the Accessible Business Entrance (ABE) Program
Raffle Drawings at the Workshops
- Upon attending a workshop, attendees will be entered in a raffle drawing. We will be raffling 10 emergency go-bags at each workshop.
We look forward to seeing you at the fair! Be sure to share your photos and experience at the fair using the hashtag #SFEarthquakeFair on social media!
- 2018 Exhibitor Listing
- Home Remodeling
- Emergency Preparedness
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) & Unit Legalization Programs
- Accessible Business Entrance Program
View 2017 Earthquake Fair information here.