Housing Code Subcommittee - April 12, 2021 - Agenda
CODE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Regular Meeting of the Housing Code Subcommittee
DATE: April 12, 20 (Monday)
TIME: 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
LOCATION: Remote Access
This Subcommittee meets regularly on the Monday before the second Wednesday of each month. If you wish to be placed on a mailing list for agendas, please email email@example.com.
Remote Access to Information and Participation
PUBLIC COMMENT CALL-IN: 1-408-418-9388 / Access Code: 187 346 7753
To raise your hand for public comment on a specific agenda item press ‘*’ then ‘3’ when prompted by the meeting moderator.
Event address for attendees: https://ccsf.webex.com/ccsf/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef8362940c982863513651bc6...
Members of the public are to participate remotely. Please see the information on page 3 for remote meeting access.
Note: Public comment is welcome and will be heard during each agenda item. Reference documents relating to agenda are available for review at the 49 South Van Ness Ave, 1st Floor, Information Counter. For information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1.0 Call to Order and Roll Call
Members: Jim Reed, Chair; Henry Karnilowicz; Ira Dorter
2.0 Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed ordinance on amending the Housing Code to prohibit removal of existing community kitchens in group housing.
The possible action would be to make a recommendation to the full Code Advisory Committee for their further action.
3.0 Subcommittee Members’ and Staff’s identification of new agenda items, as well as current agenda items to be continued to another subcommittee regular meeting or special meeting. Subcommittee discussion and possible action regarding administrative issues related to building codes.
4.0 Public Comment: Public comment will be heard on items not on this agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Code Advisory Committee. Comment time is limited to 3 minutes per person or at the call of the Chair.
Note to Committee Members: If you are unable to attend, please call Chair Jim Reed at (415) 861-6522 or Ken Hu at (628) 652-3727. The meeting will begin promptly.
Remote Meeting Access (WEBEX)
To watch via WebEx application on your desktop/laptop:
Click the link to join the meeting: https://ccsf.webex.com/ccsf/onstage/g.php?MTID=ef8362940c982863513651bc6...
You will then be prompted to enter the following information:
• First and Last Name: These fields are required to be entered; however, if you wish to remain anonymous, you may type “Public” in the first and last name fields.
• Email Address: This field is required to be entered; however, if you wish to remain anonymous, you may type “Public@public.com” in the email field
• Click the “Join Now” button to join the meeting
Public Comment Call-In: 1-408-418-9388 / Access Code: 187 346 7753
Providing Public Comment:
• Dial in to 408-418-9388 and then enter access code 187 346 7753 then #
• Press # again to enter meeting as an ATTENDEE
• You will hear a beep when you join the meeting as a participant. Stop and LISTEN.
• Wait for Public Comment to be announced.
• When the Chair or Committee Secretary calls for Public Comment, dial ‘*’ then ‘3’ to be added to the speaker line.
• You will then hear “You have raised your hand to ask a question, please wait to speak until the host calls on you.” Callers will hear silence when waiting for their turn to speak.
• Ensure you are in a quiet location. Before you speak, mute the sound of any equipment around you, including televisions, radios, and computers. It is especially important that you mute your computer (if you are watching via the web link) so there is no echo sound when you speak.
• To withdraw your question, press ‘*’ then ‘3’. – you will hear: “You have lowered your hand.”
• When the system message says “Your line has been unmuted” - THIS IS YOUR TIME TO SPEAK.
• When the Chair or Committee Secretary states “Welcome Caller,” you are encouraged to state your name clearly. As soon as you speak, you will have 2 minutes to provide your comments.
• Once your 2 minutes have expired, you will be moved out of the speaker line and back as a participant in the meeting (unless you disconnect). You will hear “Your line has been muted.”
• Participants who wish to speak on other public comment periods can stay on the meeting line and listen for the next public comment opportunity.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE, TO OBTAIN A COPY OF THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE, OR TO REPORT A VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE AT CITY HALL, 1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, ROOM 244 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102. OFFICE (415) 554-7724, FAX (415) 554-5163, E-MAIL: email@example.com
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request a copy from the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, http://www.sfgov.org/sunshine/ and at the San Francisco Public Library.
POLICY STATEMENT OF PUBLIC HEARING OR MEETING
Pursuant to Section 67.7-1(c) of the San Francisco Administrative Code, members of the public who are unable to attend the public meeting or hearing may submit written comments regarding a calendared item to Technical Services Division, at 1660 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 or at the place of the scheduled meeting. These written comments shall be made a part of the official public record.
SAN FRANCISCO LOBBYIST ORDINANCE
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance (SF Administrative Code Sec. 16.520-16.534) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 1390 Market Street #701, SF, CA 94102 or (415) 554-9510 voice, or (415) 703-0121 fax, or visit their website at http://www.sfgov/ethics/.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING INFORMATION POLICY
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The meeting will be held at the Department of Building Inspection, 49 South Van Ness Avenue. The closest accessible BART stations are the Civic Center Station at 8th (at the United Nations Plaza) and Market Street and 16th at Mission Street.
Accessible MUNI/Metro lines servicing this location are the, 42 - Downtown, 14 & 14 Limited - Mission, and F - Market bus lines. For information about MUNI accessible services call (415) 923-6142.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Accessible curb side parking spaces have been designated on Mission and Otis Streets. There is accessible parking available within the Department of Building Inspection parking lot.
Accessible seating for persons with disabilities (including those using wheelchairs) will be available. Assistive Listening devices will be available at the meeting. A sign language interpreter will be available upon request. Agendas and Minutes of the meeting are available in large print/tape form and/or readers upon request. Please contact Technical Services Division at (628) 652-3727, providing 72 hours notice will help to ensure availability.
To request a sign language interpreter, reader, materials in alternative formats, or other accommodations for a disability, please contact Technical Services Division at (628) 652-3727. Providing 72 hours notice will help to ensure availability.
Materials are available in alternate formats on request.