Access Appeals Commission - March 13, 2019 - Agenda
March 13, 2019 - 1:00pm
City Hall, Room 416
ACCESS APPEALS COMMISSION
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
1 Dr. Carlton B. Goodlett Place, Room 416
MATTERS FOR CONSIDERATION
1) CALL TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL.
2) PUBLIC COMMENT: (DISCUSSION)
3) REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES: (DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
Draft of the minutes of November 14, 2018 and December 12,2018 regular meeting of the Access Appeals Commission.
4) REVIEW OF COMMUNICATION ITEMS: (DISCUSSION)
Reminder that the 700 Form needs to be submitted by April 2,2019 to the Ethics Commission.
Update on Accessible Business Entrance program outreach and report on the number and type
of Category Checklist Forms submitted to the Building Department.
Assembly Bill #3002 Notice to Applicants for Business Licenses and Commercial Building
Permits: Disability Access Requirements and Resources.
5) REQUEST FOR RATIFICATION OF AN UNREASONABLE HARDSHIP AAC-19-01
(DISCUSSION & POSSIBLE ACTION)
On January 9th 2019, the Department of Building Inspection granted an Unreasonable Hardship
for the lack of vertical access to 4448 18th Street, requiring ratification by the Access Appeals
Commission. Permit application #201809180583 is in response to Ordinance #51-16 Accessible
Business Entrance program.
6) DISCUSSION ORDINANCE # 51 -16 ACCESSIBLE BUISNESS ENTRANCE (DISCUSSION
Discussion of the duties of the Access Appeals Commission as defined in Ordinance #51-16.
"11 0SD.3 Unreasonable Hardship The compliance unit, in consultation with the Access
Appeals Commission, shall develop and publish guidelines specifying the conditions under with
an Unreasonable Hardship would be approved by the Department."
Commission Secretary to present an outline of considerations applicants can use when
requesting an Unreasonable Hardship from the Access Appeals Commission.
7) COMMISSIONERS AND STAFF QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS: (DISCUSSION)
8) PUBLIC COMMENT (DISCUSSION)
9) ADJOURNMENT: (ACTION)