Fire Safety & Emergency Preparedness Fair
SAN FRANCISCO FIRE DEPARTMENT
Public Information Office
DISTRICT 4 SAFETY FAIR
San Francisco Fire Department Fire Prevention and Public Education District 4 Safety Fair
WHAT San Francisco Fire Department (SFFD) District 8 will hold a Community Safety Fair for members of the public. This fair will include Fire Prevention and Education material, demonstrations, and answers to inspection questions. SFFD EMS members will teach hands only CPR, and our Recruitment team will be available to answer questions related to our Departments hiring process. Free Smoke detectors will be available while supplies last to residents of San Francisco.
Fire Recruitment will give a ½ hour presentation on how to become a San Francisco Firefighter, EMT, or Paramedic.
NERT members will be giving a ½ hour NERT overview to provide information on upcoming trainings and how becoming a member helps you and the community.
Fire Inspectors will be giving a 1-hour fire prevention and education presentation.
WHEN Tuesday, May 14th, 2019
TIME: 10AM to 1PM
WHERE Tzu Chi Foundation, 2901 Irving Street. San Francisco, CA 94122
• Jonathan Baxter, San Francisco Fire Public Information Officer
• Inspector Tomie Kato, San Francisco Bureau of Fire Prevention
• Recruitment Officer Keith Baraka, Division of Training
• Paramedics from the SFFD EMS Division
• SFFD Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) Members for Disaster Preparedness
• Department of Emergency Management (DEM) for Disaster Preparedness and 911 call center information.
• San Francisco Police Department A.L.E.R.T. Program
• Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation
• Michael Wong, and associates from the Community Youth Centers
• Department of Building Inspections
• Firefighters from your local Firehouse
• City College of San Francisco Fire Science students
• Hands Only CPR instructors
• Stop the Bleed Instructors
San Francisco Fire Department’s enhanced Fire Prevention and Education team promotes Fire Safety through Community
Outreach and Education. This is an effort to engage the communities we serve with their local Firefighters, EMT’s and
• Live Fire Extinguisher Demonstration allowing for participation of the attendees.
• Fire Prevention Safety Handouts from NFPA, including creating an escape plan in your home and work place, fire
extinguisher information and tips such as the PASS acronym.
• An ambulance will be available to look at and walk through with EMS staff.
• A Fire Engine will be present to look at and walk through with Suppression staff.
CONTACT Jonathan Baxter, San Francisco Fire Department: firstname.lastname@example.org