DBI will host a Permit Day event on Saturday, October 3 for Over-the-Counter permit applications. On Saturday, October 3, we will offer a drop-in time (pre-registration required) for Over-the-Counter no plans permits and to drop off permit applications that require Fire Department review only, and appointments for customers to drop off Over-the-Counter with plans permits.
Date: Saturday, October 3, 2020
Location: 49 South Van Ness Avenue San Francisco, CA 94103
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The Department of Building Inspection, along with its partnering agencies the Fire Department and San Francisco Planning, will host a Saturday Permit Day for Over-the-Counter (OTC) permit applications on Saturday, October 3, 2020 at our headquarters located at 49 South Van Ness Avenue.
On Saturday, October 3, 2020, we will offer:
- Over-the-Counter without plans permit processing (sold out)
- Fire-only permit application drop-off (sold out)
- Over-the-Counter with plans permit application submission by appointment
Over-the-Counter Permits With Plans: 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
We are offering 24 appointments for customers to drop off Over-the-Counter with plans permit applications. Customers can request an appointment by signing up through Eventbrite, and appointments will be offered through a lottery process. To participate in the lottery process, customers can sign up through the OTC with plans Eventbrite page until 12:00 a.m. Thursday, October 1. Signing up through the OTC with plans Eventbrite page does not guarantee a ticket to attend this event. Signing up through this Eventbrite page does not guarantee a ticket to attend this event. Customers chosen through the lottery process will receive an email from DBI informing them that an OTC with plans appointment has been reserved for them on October 3, 2020.
Rules to participate in the Lottery:
1. To participate, please provide the following information:
b. Email (be sure to check this email address on Thursday, October 1 and Friday, October 2 because you will need to confirm your appointment if offered one)
c. Property address(es) for the permit application(s) (a maximum of two accepted) you will bring in on Oct. 3 if you’re offered an appointment
2. Only one sign-up will be accepted per customer.
3. Customers have until 12:00 a.m. Thursday, October 1 to sign up for the lottery process. Sign-ups after this time will not be accepted or considered.
4. Each customer can submit up to two permit applications per appointment on Permit Day.
5. Appointments will be scheduled every 10-minutes starting at 11:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 3.
6. Customers will be assigned appointment times according to their order in the list.
7. Customers chosen to receive an appointment will need to confirm the appointment after receiving an appointment offer via DBI’s confirmation email sent on Thursday, Oct. 1. Customers who fail to confirm receipt by the required time on Friday, Oct. 2 will forfeit the appointment. DBI reserves the right to make unconfirmed appointments available to the next customer on the list.
SOLD OUT: Over-the-Counter Without Plans: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
We have offered 40 tickets for customers to drop in for an OTC without plans permit. Customers are required to register for a ticket through Eventbrite. Customers are limited to one ticket and can apply for up to two (2) permits.
SOLD OUT: Fire-Only Permits: 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m
We have offered 25 tickets for customers to drop off permit applications that require Fire Department review only. Click here for a list of scopes of work that require only Fire Department review. Customers will need to register for a ticket through Eventbrite. Customers are limited to one ticket and can apply for up to two (2) permits.