Structural Subcommittee - February 13, 2018 - Agenda
CODE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Notice of Regular Meeting of the Structural Subcommittee
DATE: February 13, 2018 (Tuesday)
TIME: 9:00 AM to 11:00 AM
LOCATION: 1660 Mission St., Room 4009
This Subcommittee generally meets regularly on the second Tuesday of each month at 1660 Mission St., Room 4009 (DBI Office).
Note: Public comment is welcome and will be heard during each agenda item.
Reference documents relating to agenda are available for review at Technical Services Division.
For information or if you wish to be placed on a mailing list for agendas, please email to Ken Hu as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call to Order and Roll Call
Members: Stephen Harris, S.E.; Chair; René Vignos, S.E.; Marc Cunningham; Ned Fennie, A.I.A.
- Approval of the minutes of the Structural Subcommittee regular meeting of December 12, 2017.
- Discussion on the Community Action Plan for Seismic Safety (CAPSS) priority list of the building type and the overall plan. (dated December 12, 2017)
- Continue discussion and possible action regarding modifications to Information Sheet G-21 Product Acceptance. Potential modifications include addition of IAPMO reports as acceptance criteria in addition to ICC-ES reports and updating out-of-date URLs for references. (dated November 7, 2017)
- Continue discussion and possible action on SFBC 1704.6.1 regarding structural observation requirement for SFEBC Chapter 4D compliance. (dated September 12, 2017)
- Continue discussion and possible action on the triggers in 2016 SFEBC 403.12 Substantial Change. (dated August 9, 2016)
- Continue discussion and possible action on guidelines regarding Bearing Wall Systems and Building Frame Systems for assignment of R factors. (dated May 10, 2016)
- Subcommittee Member’s and Staff’s identification of new agenda items, as well as current agenda items to be continued to another subcommittee regular meeting or special meeting. Subcommittee discussion and possible action regarding administrative issues related to building codes.
- Public Comment: Public comment will be heard on items not on this agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Code Advisory Committee. Comment time is limited to 3 minutes per person or at the call of the Chair.
Note to Committee Members: Please review the appropriate material and be prepared to discuss at the meeting. If you are unable to attend, please call Chairperson Stephen Harris, S.E. at (415) 495-3700. The meeting will begin promptly.
See attached materials for information about meeting accessibility.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE
(Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code)
Government’s duty is to serve the public, reaching its decisions in full view of the public. Commissions, boards, councils and other agencies of the City and County exist to conduct the people’s business. This ordinance assures that deliberations are conducted before the people and that City operations are open to the people’s review.
The ringing of and use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices are prohibited at this meeting. Please be advised that the chair may order the removal from the meeting room of any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of a cell phone, pager, or other similar sound-producing electronic devices.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE, TO OBTAIN A COPY OF THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE, OR TO REPORT A VIOLATION OF THE ORDINANCE, CONTACT THE SUNSHINE ORDINANCE TASK FORCE AT CITY HALL, 1 DR. CARLTON B. GOODLETT PLACE, ROOM 244 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94102. OFFICE (415) 554-7724, FAX (415) 554-5163, E-MAIL: email@example.com
Citizens interested in obtaining a free copy of the Sunshine Ordinance can request a copy from the Sunshine Ordinance Task Force or by printing Chapter 67 of the San Francisco Administrative Code on the Internet, http://www.sfgov.org/sunshine/ and at the San Francisco Public Library.
POLICY STATEMENT OF PUBLIC HEARING OR MEETING
Pursuant to Section 67.7-1(c) of the San Francisco Administrative Code, members of the public who are unable to attend the public meeting or hearing may submit written comments regarding a calendared item to Technical Services Division, at 1660 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94103 or at the place of the scheduled meeting. These written comments shall be made a part of the official public record.
SAN FRANCISCO LOBBYIST ORDINANCE
Individuals and entities that influence or attempt to influence local legislative or administrative action may be required by the San Francisco Lobbyist Ordinance (SF Administrative Code Sec. 16.520-16.534) to register and report lobbying activity. For more information about the Lobbyist Ordinance, please contact the Ethics Commission at 1390 Market Street #701, SF, CA 94102 or (415) 554-9510 voice, or (415) 703-0121 fax, or visit their website at http://www.sfgov/ethics/.
ACCESSIBLE MEETING INFORMATION POLICY
In order to assist the City’s efforts to accommodate persons with severe allergies, environmental illness, multiple chemical sensitivity or related disabilities, attendees at public meetings are reminded that other attendees may be sensitive to various chemical based products. Please help the City to accommodate these individuals.
The meeting will be held at the Department of Building Inspection, 1660 Mission Street. The closest accessible BART stations are the Civic Center Station at 8th (at the United Nations Plaza) and Market Street and 16th at Mission Street.
Accessible MUNI/Metro lines servicing this location are the, 42 - Downtown, 14 & 14 Limited - Mission, and F - Market bus lines. For information about MUNI accessible services call (415) 923-6142.
The meeting room is wheelchair accessible. Accessible curb side parking spaces have been designated on Mission and Otis Streets. There is accessible parking available within the Department of Building Inspection parking lot. The entrance to this lot is on Otis Street.
Accessible seating for persons with disabilities (including those using wheelchairs) will be available. Assistive Listening devices will be available at the meeting. A sign language interpreter will be available upon request. Agendas and Minutes of the meeting are available in large print/tape form and/or readers upon request. Please contact Technical Services Division at (415) 558-6205, providing 72 hours notice will help to ensure availability.
To request a sign language interpreter, reader, materials in alternative formats, or other accommodations for a disability, please contact Technical Services Division at (415) 558-6205. Providing 72 hours notice will help to ensure availability.
Materials are available in alternate formats on request.