Water Saving Tips
As California continues to experience its most severe drought on record, San Franciscans are asked to do their part towards the conservation effort. The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission implemented a 10% reduction in water usage for its customers. Homeowners and businesses can take steps to reduce their water usage by replacing or installing water saving devices.
TYPES OF WATER SAVING DEVICES
- Kitchen/Basin Aerators
- Low-Flow Showerheads
- Replacing leaking toilet/bathroom fixtures
- Garden Spray Nozzle
IS A PLUMBING PERMIT REQUIRED?
Plumbing permits are not required for the following type of work:
- Replacement of water conservation devices not requiring cutting into or removal of piping.
- Repair of leaks not requiring cutting into or removal of piping.
- Replacement of toilets with 1.6 gallon (6.06 liter) per flush toilet fixtures.
FOR THE HOME
- Drought Tips and Water Conservation Services for the Home
- Residential Conservation Checklist
- Rainwater Harvesting
- Use of Graywater
- Drought Tips and Water Conservation Services for Commerical Properites
- Commercial Conservation Checklist
- Free Water Saving Devices for San Francisco Residents
- Water Use Alternatives
- San Francisco Public Utilities Commission Conservation Tips
For more information on water saving devices or plumbing related inquires, contact Plumbing Inspection Division at (415) 558-6570.