Record Request Form
1906 - Present
Building Permit Job Cards
1933 - Present
Certificate of Final Completion / Certificate of Final Completion and Occupancy (CFC/CFO)
1945 - Present
1986 - Present
1976 - Present
2008 - Present
Plans for Wood-framed buildings
1960 - Present
Plans for High-rise buildings
* Only certain high-rise buildings.
1920* - Present
- Fill out the form completely.
- Remember to SIGN the form.
- Fax to (415) 575-6875 or
- Mail to 1660 Mission St., San Francisco, CA 94103 Attn: RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Wait for confirmation call from DBI Records Management staff. Staff will call the contact phone number provided by you on the form.
- Your request will be voided after 5 business days if it is not verbally confirmed.
- If you do not receive a confirmation call within 2 business days, please call (415) 558-6080. We may have not received the fax.
- Once confirmed over the phone, staff will give you a ready date-range. There is a fee for printing.
- We can only accept six (6) confirmed requests per business day per applicant. An applicant is a company, individual or organization. Each building needs to have its own request.
Remember to bring your form & photo ID at pick up!
All requests for plans are for VIEW FIRST ONLY per the California Health and Safety Code.
Form: Records Request Form