Public Documents Request

cabinet of recordsOur records are available online. Visit our Online Permit Tracking System. This will allow you to access building permits, electrical permits and plumbing permits, as well as Complaints.

For Report of Residential Building Records (3R Reports), please visit or contact the Records Management Division at (415) 558-6080. 3R Reports contain building permit history. Requests must be made through the DBI Request for Report of Residential Building Record FormPDF and accompanied by payment.

If you are conducting a Property Condition Assessment Survey, please check here before you submit a public records request. 

For public record requests that do not fit into these categories, please send your request to dbi.sunshinerequests@sfgov.orgBe advised that our records are address specific. Please provide an address (with additional relevant information such as permit application numbers) along with a time frame for the documents so that we may be able to process your request quickly.