Code Advisory Committee - February 14, 2018 - Agenda
NOTICE OF MEETING
Regular Meeting of the CODE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
DATE: February 14, 2018
TIME: 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
LOCATION: 1650 Mission Street, Room 528 ◄◄◄Note Room Change (Thru Room 400, Planning Dept. Fourth floor)
This Committee meets regularly every second Wednesday of the month at 1650 Mission Street, Room 431, 4th Floor (City Planning Department). If you wish to be placed on a mailing list for agendas, please call (415) 575-6832.
Note: Public comment is welcome and will be heard during each item. Reference documents relating to agenda are available for review at the 1660 Mission Street, 1st floor. For information, please call Kirk Means at (415) 575-6832.
- Call to Order, Roll Call and confirmation of quorum.
- Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed ordinance (file #180090) amending the Building Code to enact an expedited and streamlined permit process for Electric Vehicle Charging Stations; affirming the Planning Department’s determination under the California Environmental Quality Ace; and directing the Clerk to forward this Ordinance to the California Building Standards Commission upon final passage.. The possible action would be to make a recommendation to the Building Inspection Commission for their further action. (15 minutes)
- Discussion on the Community Action Plan for Seismic Safety (CAPSS) priority list of the building type and the overall plan. (dated December 12, 2017) (15 minutes)
- Continue discussion and possible action regarding modifications to Information Sheet G-21 Product Acceptance. Potential modifications include addition of IAPMO reports as acceptance criteria in addition to ICC-ES reports and updating out-of-date URLs for references. (dated November 7, 2017) (15 minutes)
- Continue discussion and possible action on SFBC 1704.6.1 regarding structural observation requirement for SFEBC Chapter 4D compliance. (dated September 12, 2017) (15 minutes)
- Continue discussion and possible action on the triggers in 2016 SFEBC 403.12 Substantial Change. (dated August 9, 2016) (10 minutes)
- Continue discussion and possible action on guidelines regarding Bearing Wall Systems and Building Frame Systems for assignment of R factors. (dated May 10, 2016) (10 minutes)
- Public Comments on items not on this agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Code Advisory Committee. Comment time is limited to 3 minutes or as determined by of the Chairperson.
- Committee comments on items not on this agenda
- Subcommittee Reports: (Discussion & possible action) (10 minutes)
a. Housing Code Subcommittee:
Subcommittee Chair: Jim Reed
Subcommittee Members: Ira Dorter; Henry Karnilowicz
b. Mechanical Electrical Plumbing & Fire Subcommittee:
Subcommittee Chair: Jim Reed
Subcommittee Members: Robert Wong, M.E., Henry Karnilowicz, Brian Salyers, F.P.E.
c. Administrative & General Design and Disability Access Subcommittee
Subcommittee Chair: Tony Sanchez-Corea
Subcommittee Members: Arnie Lerner, FAIA, CASp, Zachary Nathan, AIA, CASp, Henry Karnilowicz,
Jonathan Rodriguez, Nancy Goldenberg, AIA
d. Structural Subcommittee:
Subcommittee Chair: Stephen Harris, S.E.
Subcommittee Members: Rene’ Vignos, S.E., LEED A.P., Marc Cunningham, Ned Fennie, AIA
e. Green Building Subcommittee:
Subcommittee Chair: Zachary Nathan, AIA, CASp
Subcommittee Members: Arnie Lerner, FAIA, CASp, Ilene Dick; Kevin Wallace, Henry Karnilowicz,
Robert Wong, M.E., Michael Chavez
- Review of communication items. The Committee may discuss or acknowledge communication items received for discussion.
- Committee Member’s and Staff’s identification agenda items for the next meeting, as well as current agenda items to be continued to another CAC regular meeting or special meeting, or a subcommittee meeting.
Note to Committee Members: Please review the appropriate material and be prepared to discuss at the meeting. If you are unable to attend, please call Chairperson Stephen Harris, S.E. at (415) 495-3700 or Building Inspector Kirk Means at (415) 575-6832. The meeting will begin promptly.