Administrative & General Design Subcommittee - January 10, 2018 - Agenda
CODE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
Administrative & General Design and Disability Access Subcommittee Meeting
DATE: January 10, 2018
TIME: 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
LOCATION: 1650 Mission Street, Room 431
These subcommittees meet regularly every second Wednesday of the month at 1650 Mission Street, Room 431, 4th Floor (City Planning Department). If you wish to be placed on a mailing list for agendas, please call (415) 575-6832.
Note: Public comment is welcome and will be heard during each agenda item. Reference documents relating to agenda are available for review at the 1660 Mission Street, 1st floor. For information, please call Kirk Means at (415) 575-6832.
- Call to Order, Roll Call and confirmation of quorum.
Tony Sanchez-Corea, Chair, Arnie Lerner, FAIA, CASp, Zachary Nathan, AIA, CASp, Henry Karnilowicz, Jonathan Rodriguez, Nancy Goldenberg, AIA, LEED AP
- Introduction and general discussions regarding exterior elevated entries. (15 minutes)
- Introduction and general discussions regarding receptacles and outlets in kitchens and common use areas of covered multifamily dwellings. (15 minutes)
- Introduction and general discussions regarding the San Francisco Fire Departments decision to increase its minimum time charged customers to three hours for their Pre-application and Pre-addendum Plan Reviews. (15 minutes)
- Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed ordinance (file #171284) amending the Building Code to revise the City’s Slope Protection Act by clarifying the scope of its application to properties exceeding an average slope of 25% grade, updating the map references, mandating review by the Department of Building Inspection’s Structural Advisory Committee, and re-enacting and modifying a paragraph in the scope section regarding the type of proposed construction that triggers application of the Act which was omitted inadvertently in the adoption of the 2016 Code; affirming the Planning Department’s determination under the California Environmental Quality Act; and directing the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors to forward this Ordinance to the California Building Standards Commission upon final passage. The possible action would be to make a recommendation to the Building Inspection for their further action. (30 minutes)
- Discussion and possible action regarding a proposed ordinance (file #171139) amending the Building Code to require new commercial buildings of 25,000 square feet or more and new residential buildings of three units or more to provide a dedicated telecommunications space in a centrally located place in the building and to install fiber-ready cabling that is connected to an approved telecommunications network; affirming the Planning Department’s determination under the California Environmental Quality Act; making findings of local conditions under the California Health and Safety Code; and directing the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors to forward the legislation to the California Building Standards Commission as required by State law. The possible action would be to make a recommendation to the full Code Advisory Committee for their further action. (15 minutes)
- Subcommittee Members’ and Staff’s identification of new agenda items, as well as current agenda items to be continued to another subcommittee regular meeting or special meeting.
- Subcommittee discussion and possible action regarding administrative issues related to building codes.
- Public Comment: Public comment will be heard on items not on this agenda but within the jurisdiction of the Code Advisory Committee. Comment time is limited to 3 minutes per person or at the call of the Chair.
Note to Committee Members: Please review the appropriate material and be prepared to discuss at the meeting. If you are unable to attend, please call Chair Tony Sanchez-Correa at (415) 333-8080 or Building Inspector Kirk Means at (415) 575-6832. The meeting will begin promptly.