Inspection Scheduling Procedures
You may schedule, reschedule or cancel an Inspection, as well as obtain results, by calling DBI’s newly-activated Scheduling Number: (415)575-6955.
Electrical and Plumbing contractors with a valid username and password may also schedule their inspections online.
You may schedule an inspection required by a building, electrical, mechanical or plumbing permit by:
- Visiting the Inspection Services office at 1660 Mission Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103, Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Calling (415) 558-6570, Monday to Friday from 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM. You can shorten the waiting time by avoiding the busiest first and last 45 minutes.
When requesting for an inspection, please have the following information ready:
- Number of your:
- Building Permit Application
- Electrical Permit
- Plumbing Permit
- Mechanical Permit
- Type of Building: Residential or Commercial
- Location of Inspection:
- Unit Number
- Space Number
- Type of Inspection:
- Building: Reinforcing Steel, Rough Frame, Insulation, OK to Cover, Sheetrock, Final, etc.
- Electrical: Rough Wiring, Green Tag, Fire Alarm, Survey, Final, etc.
- Plumbing: Underground, Rough Plumbing, Fire Sprinkler, Final, etc.
- Mechanical: Underground, Rough Mechanical, Final, etc.
- If you are requesting an inspection from the Housing Inspection Services Division, such as a Routine Inspection for a hotel, residential motel or apartment building, please contact the Housing Inspection Services Division at 1660 Mission Street, 6th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103 or (415) 558-6220.
- Preferred Inspection: Session (AM/PM) and date
- Contact or Site Person: Name / Contact Phone (Office/Cellular)