Effective January 1, 2011 Please also see: Code Interpretations
- The 2010 San Francisco Building Code consists of the 2010 California Building Code, the 2010 California Residential Code, and the 2010 California Green Building Standards Code, with San Francisco Amendments
- The 2010 San Francisco Electrical Code consists of the 2010 California Electrical Code with San Francisco Amendments
- The 2010 San Francisco Energy Code consists of the 2010 California Energy Code, which is essentially the same as the 2008 California Energy Code, with no local amendments
- The 2007 San Francisco Housing Code
- The 2010 San Francisco Mechanical Code consists of the 2010 California Mechanical Code with San Francisco Amendments
- The 2010 San Francisco Plumbing Code consists of the 2010 California Plumbing Code with San Francisco Amendments
New California Codes are available at bookstores throughout the Bay Area, or they can be ordered directly from the publisher of the California Building Code by calling the International Code Council at 1-888-422-7233.
Copies of the 2010 San Francisco Code Amendments will be available shortly at bookstores, or by ordering direct from the publisher:
American Legal Publishing Corporation
432 Walnut St., Suite 1200
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-3909
Telephone: (800) 445-5588
Fax: (513) 763-3562
For general information regarding codes, code changes and code requirements in San Francisco please call the Department of Building Inspection, Technical Services Division at (415) 558-6205.